WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are small, titanium posts that interface with the bone of the jaw or skull to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, giving it the look and function of a natural tooth. Not only can a dental implant be used to replace a single tooth, but they can be used to replace multiple teeth and even an entire arch of teeth as well. Implants replace the missing tooth root and create a strong foundation for artificial teeth.
Dental Implants also help preserve facial structure, preventing the bone deterioration that occurs when teeth are missing. Many people are unaware that the bone actually deteriorates when teeth are missing, which weakens facial structure. Dental implants prevent this from happening by replacing the missing tooth root and creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth.
DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
If you are undergoing a dental implant treatment, here’s what you can expect:
- Administration of local anesthesia so that the patient doesn’t feel any pain during the process.
- Insertion of the dental implant into the jawbone where the tooth is missing.
- A rest period of up to several months for healing.
- Determine if the implant has properly fused. If it has, the process will resume.
- Place a custom permanent restoration that looks and feels like a natural tooth.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Dental implants look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
- Because dental implants are anchored securely in your mouth, you won’t have to worry about them moving around or falling out.
- They’ll keep your jawbone from shrinking and the surrounding teeth from sliding into the gap where the missing tooth is.
- Dental implants require the same amount of care that the rest of your teeth do.
- They provide a longer-lasting solution than other tooth replacement methods.
If you’re interested in learning more about the possibilities of dental implants at Main Line Center for Dental Excellence, please contact us or give us a call at (610) 664-6061. We look forward to hearing from you soon!