At The Main Line Center for Dental Excellence, we make excellent dental care a relaxed, comfortable experience. Each one of our doctors is an expert with years of experience helping patients, and we work with every patient on an individual basis to design a treatment plan that suits their unique needs and lifestyle. Our treatments vary in scope and scale, ranging from simple cleanings to complete smile restorations - and crowns and bridges are some of the most effective ways to rebuild a smile.
A dental crown is a custom-manufactured cap that fits over a tooth that's been damaged whether from injury or decay. The crown is made to perfectly recreate the shape of a natural tooth, and we color-match our crowns to blend in seamlessly with your existing teeth. New advances in dental technology mean that getting a crown is easier and more convenient than ever before, and crowns provide durable dental solutions that can last a lifetime with proper care. Treatment with a crown is a fairly simple process:
- First, we'll numb the area around your tooth and clear away any decay.
- Next, we re-sculpture the tooth so it provides an ideal base for the crown.
- After re-sculpturing, we'll create a digital impression of the tooth so we can design and create a crown to fit it perfectly.
- While your crown is being made, we'll fit a temporary crown over the tooth.
- Once the permanent crown is ready, we'll remove the temporary crown and fit on the new, custom-made crown.
- After making sure the crown fits well and looks perfect, we'll cement it into place. With that, you'll have a beautiful, natural-looking new tooth and a complete smile.
A dental bridge is similar to a crown, but it fills a gap left behind by a missing tooth instead of just repairing a damaged one. In addition to completing your smile, bridges also help to maintain tooth alignment, correct problems in the bite, and protect the integrity of surrounding teeth. Bridges come in three varieties:
- Fixed Bridges: These are the most common, and they're made from a filler tooth attached to two adjacent crowns that hold it in place.
- Maryland Bridges: These generally replace front teeth, and they're made by attaching a filler tooth to tooth-colored metal bands cemented to adjacent teeth.
- Cantilever Bridges: This is similar to a fixed bridge, but the filler tooth is attached to two crowns that are on the same side. Cantilever bridges are generally used for rear molars.
CONTACT OUR NARBERTH DENTAL OFFICE
No matter what type of bridge or crown you need, you can always expect the high level of diligence, expertise, and friendly service that we're known for. If you'd like to find out how we can improve your smile, feel free to call us at (610) 664-6061 or reach out to us at our contact page with any questions or to schedule an appointment at our office.
While we are located in Narberth, we see patients from Penn Valley, Bala Cynwyd and our surrounding Philadelphia communities. We can't wait to hear from you, and we look forward to helping you achieve the beautiful smile you deserve through a comfortable, convenient treatment process.