At Main Line For Dental Excellence, we are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality general and cosmetic dental care available. That’s why we use only state-of-the-art dental technology in our office, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of treatment while creating a more comfortable experience for our patients. One such system that we use here in our Narberth, PA office is laser dentistry: a cutting edge solution that has the versatility to be used for a wide range of dental treatments
HOW DOES LASER DENTISTRY WORK?
Laser dentistry uses a special tool that emits and small, powerful laser that can be used to manipulate both hard tissue like your tooth enamel, or soft tissue like your gums. The laser is often used in place of the traditional dental drill, which is a source of anxiety for many patients when it comes to their dental visits. Unlike the drill, the laser emits no sound, and allows for greater precision during treatment. The laser only affects the targeted site for treatment, meaning that no surrounding healthy tissue is damaged when using laser dentistry.
WHAT DENTAL PROCEDURES USE LASER DENTISTRY?
One of the advantages to using laser dentistry is its versatility, allowing dentists to use a gentle laser to treat a wide range of conditions. At Main Line Center For Dental Excellence, we use laser dentistry for the following treatments:
- Tooth Decay Removal - using the laser, your dentist can clear away decayed tooth and prepare the area for the placement of a filling
- Root Canals - the laser clears away the dead soft tissue inside the root of the infected tooth
- Gum Disease Treatment - the dentist can use the laser to reshape the gums and clear away bacteria from the teeth and gums, reducing inflammation and chances of infection.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal - the laser create small incisions in the gums and eliminates the need for surgery to remove wisdom teeth.
- Dental Biopsies - the laser can be used to remove small amounts of tissue to test for lesions or potential tumors.
LEARN WHAT LASER DENTISTRY CAN DO FOR YOU!
If you have any questions about laser dentistry, the advantages that it offers, or the types of treatments that it can be used for, contact us to connect with a member of our staff who will be happy to answer your questions. If you would like to get started on the path towards your healthier smile, and would like to see what laser dentistry could do for you, schedule your first appointment with us today! See why the Main Line Center For Dental Excellence is known for superior dental treatment, by experiencing the quality of our care for yourself. We look forward to meeting you!